Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week 20: Halfway There.....


I am excited that Maria put together this baby blog. I wish we had all of our family here in Virginia - but I think this is the next best thing. Today I am officially 20 weeks pregnant - halfway there. So far I am feeling really good. We were able to visit the National Zoo yesterday and we saw the pandas. There is a rumor going around that Mei Xiang may be pregnant again. She seemed pretty fat and happy lounging around in the bamboo, I felt like I could really relate with her. My tummy is bulging out a bit. I don't exactly look pregnant - I just look like I have a belly. Jason and I looked for maternity BDUs (camouflage) on Friday at the base thrift store. I am slowly unbuttoning my regular BDU pants and I am running out of buttons.

I am still running (jogging) - it just feels so good... My stomach feels big and full and I am pretty sure the babe is sitting directly on my bladder... At first it feels like he or she makes me feel as uncomfortable as possible to entice me to stop, but then settles in and finds a snug place for the rest of the run. After the zoo we went to the Officer's Club on base and swam. The water feels *so good*! I swam 60 laps and flipturns still feel good. Early on in the pregnancy, I didn't have any nausea except for when I was swimming. I wondered if the baby didn't like swimming and was getting super dizzy and even if he or she will take over Jason's difficulty floating in the water and will beg us to play soccer like dad...

We get our ultra-sound a week from Tuesday! I don't really have a "hunch" as to what the gender may be. Because I am the oldest of four girls and Jason is the oldest of three boys, one of us will have a fairly steep learning curve. I know God will teach what we need to know.

Here I am in the early stages of pregnancy. Thankfully, I have more energy now.

Uh oh... its hailing outside. More Later.
-Katie

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Katie,

You are absolutely beautiful! Your tummy is looking so cute. We can't wait to see you in the BDU's. Keep taking good care of yourself. You are making excellent progress. Dad I are so impressed with your healthy lifestyle.

Maria, thank you for this awesome blog. It really helps us feel part of this amazing journey.

Stay safe...God Bless!
Mom and Dad Heille

Joanne said...

Katie,

Wow! You look great "on the family way". So good to "see" you. Yes, we can't wait to see you in your BDUs, maybe you'll have them when we are there on July 7th!! I agree with Joyce about your healthy lifestyle. So proud of you and thankful for God's care for you. This baby will definitely have some athletic ability between the you and Jason :).

Maria, thanks for designing this blog. We now feel more directly involved in this special season of your lives.

Take care of yourselves - all of you. Already making plans for December in FL.

Love,
Mom and Dad - Hugh and Joanne

Unknown said...

Girl you don't need an ultra sound, It's a boy! Sorry Joanne but she is carry this child too low. What a blessing you all are experiencing, God asking you to be responsible for a precious life. Can't wait to hear about Jason's first diaper experience. Our son Greg turned diaper changing into a compitention, trying each time to better his time! Hope to be in MD soon, we can go eat some cake. (crab cakes)If not we will see you in September.
Tell Jr. that Uncle Ron said hey
RR

Anonymous said...

Katie,
You are looking so good! I miss you and can't wait to rub that tummy. I think the least you can do is allow me to rub it as often as I please for the snuggling that I endured in our childhood!
I will be in Croatia when you find out if it is a girl or boy, so I might not know until I return to the US. I think it is a girl, though. Either way, I am sure he/she is cute and I know he/she is loved!
Love you guys lots. I will call as soon as I am back in the US!
Emily

Alaska said...

Kate & Jason-
Becareful of running, it creates red headed children! You look great and have a super attitude. 20 weeks for us was a huge land mark and you took it in stride. Grandma has viewed the Blog, good job Maria, thanks for the tip Emily. Keep the info coming.
Love from Alaska